permaculture - [permaculture] Travel Mate....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "NewNorth" <lynnann@newnorth.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Travel Mate....
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:35:06 -0500

heya all....I actually bought one of the travel mates with a 12 inch surgical
tube addition and a snazzy carrying case. We do a lot of wilderness camping
and I sometimes spend the last hour of the sleeptime trying to make myself to
get up out of my cozy sleeping bag to go outside and pee.

When it came yesterday, I was surprised to find the "business end" very
small. I was skeptical that I would be able to use it...however..it worked
great...I practiced sans pants and standing. Not sure if I could muster the
courage to use it sitting as they suggest you can....on a bus. Anyway...now
I will be able to kneel in the tent with only the zipper partially open as my
hubby can and pee into the wild. hurray...no more penis envy...at least for
that application.

(I actually invented a similar device when I was 8 years old...I took a
Tu**erware oval funnel from mom's kitchen and a surgical hose from dad's
lab.....I tried to wear it in my jeans so I would not have to run back to the
house when I had to go....unfortunately...it didn't work so well, besides
being incredibly uncomfortable...and I had to explain my wet jeans to my mom
who was not thrilled about the use of her favorite funnel) love and
peace...lynnann

  • [permaculture] Travel Mate...., NewNorth, 10/21/2006