permaculture - Re: [permaculture] OT Linux and XP for Lawrence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] OT Linux and XP for Lawrence
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:28:28 +0100

Again I'm not a guru, but I'd really recommend Ubuntu linux. At the moment I'm still mainly using XP but have also installed Ubuntu as dual boot, and am trying to slowly wean myself off of Gill Bates' empire to Open Source. As I said I'm not a techie geek, but ubuntu strikes me as very user friendly... And it has Firefox as part of the install...

More at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28Linux_distribution%29

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Cheers Graham www.spiralseed.co.uk

2) What's a good Linux version to use with easy OS and email install; would
be nice to use a web browser in Linux too.