permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Landscape Architects/Environmental planners on this list?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Landscape Architects/Environmental planners on this list?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 07:00:43 +1000

Hi Greg
While I'm not a landscape architect myself I've often been contracted in
place of a landscape architect in large design projects. I know a number of
pc designers who are qualified landscape architects here in Australia that
combine the two successfully in their career, for private clients,
eco-developers and in local government. One the advantages of Lscape Arch
studies is you get all the landscape design together with built environment
design skills.

It's good you're doing the PDC before you commence your studies, this will
provide you with an excellent framework to help you sift through the
relevance of what is being taught. Together with your Env Science degree you
could do a lot of interesting things. If possible see if you can do some
units on environmental planning as part of your Lscape Arch studies.
All the best
Robyn

--
Pathways to sustainability through