permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Keyline system

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lisa Rollens" <rollens@fidnet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Keyline system
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:59:55 -0500

Hi Toby,

Do you know of any of these Keyline plows in the Ozark area of the US? I have 154 acres and could really use one, as could most other folks around here, even thought they don't know it! After 100 plus years of cutting trees off these hills, the water just runs down them unrestricted, taking all the topsoil with it and filling in the creeks with gravel. After reading (most of) the Keyline book, I am starting to understand the concept and would like to try it on my land. Being an example is one way to affect change, or so I am hoping....!

Thanks for any info you or anyone can provide,

Lisa, in the MO Ozarks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Toby Hemenway" <toby@patternliteracy.com>