permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Darren Doherty Tour 2007

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Darren Doherty Tour 2007
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:15:45 -0700

On 7/27/06 1:39 PM, "Claude William Genest" <genest@pivot.net> wrote:

> Abe has put in what is one of N.America's first and only Yeomans/PC
> style earthworks for his mid-size dairy operation. Darren is an
> expert in this dep't.

Just to give credit where it's due, Guy Baldwin in California and Marvin
Hegge in Oregon, S. Dakota and Arizona, plus Tom Ward, Penny Livingston, and
several others have put in Yeomans-style keyline earthworks on a large scale
too. Marvin had a 250-acre ranch near me in southern Oregon that was
beautifully laid out with ponds and terraces on the keyline plan. Sadly, it
was sold to a grape grower who didn't quite get it. But there are
Yeomans-style plows in southern Oregon and California that get regular work.

Toby
www.patternliteracy.com