permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Tagasaste

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Tagasaste
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

The directions that came with the seeds (from Bountiful Gardens)
said do either or. I did some boiling water, some nicked, and some
nothing, maybe 4 seeds each way, in a take out coffee cup; then put
all in the fridge (don't recall the exact details, it was a couple
of years ago). Both boiling water and nicking got 3-4 seedlings
each, the untreated seeds didn't sprout. I repotted the seedlings
into their own pots... they did okay, I didn't take very good care
of them in the pots, and the ones in the ground didn't make it over
the winter, but we're a tough site with both heat/drought and
flooding.

I don't think I used innoculent (no idea what kind would be best),
but I bet they need it to thrive, since they are N-fixers.

Lisa in Ashland Oregon