permaculture - Re: [permaculture] - Hardy Bananas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Laurence Gaffney" <lgaffney@bigpond.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] - Hardy Bananas
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:10:33 +1000

Dwarf Orinoco appears to be a hardy variety.
I have been interested in trying this variety myself but have not been able
to get it. In Australia we have quite strict laws in relation to importing
Bananas.
Still if any one in Australia can help me with this (or any other cold hardy
varieties) it would be much appreciated.

The California Rare Fruits Group have useful information on Bananas (see
following links)

1. http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/banana.html
2. http://home.att.net/~oc_crfg/banana-crfg-v27-5.htm

Laurence Gaffney
Australia

  • Re: [permaculture] - Hardy Bananas, Laurence Gaffney, 06/01/2006