permaculture - Re: [permaculture] keeping cool

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: <evansdk@earthlink.net>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] keeping cool
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:25:44 -0500

I live in Oklahoma City and this is our sixth summer without air conditioning in our central city home. Here is a link to an essay I wrote describing how we manage to keep cool and comfortable without AC.

http://www.energyconservationinfo.org/noacok.htm

Bob Waldrop, OKC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
Hello all, Kathy in Missouri, new to the list, thanks for the welcome
earlier. I am trying to reduce my "energy footprint" but I turn into wilted
lettuce when it's hot and humid not to mention I get very cranky. I would
like ideas for keeping the house cooler without a/c, given that I can't
afford to install new equipment at the moment, and/or for keeping myself
cool. I work at home. I take many brief cool showers. I've heard of putting
a bowl of ice in front of a fan but haven't tried it. Thanks, Kathy