permaculture - Re: [permaculture] slug solutions?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: hannah brumerskyj <han_ysic@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] slug solutions?
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:28:20 +1000 (EST)

I used to squash slugs which I hated doing because I don't like killing
things for no purpose, but I also didn't want to use chemicals to kill them.
I now have two chickens, who love to gobble them up, and they fill part of a
cycle. I actually like it when they get big enough for the chickens to eat,
and they don't eat too much of the plants even then. I look for them when I
water the vege garden and can easily spot them to pull them off. There is
only ever four or five when I water every two of three days, and I have quite
a large garden. Rain has been remarkably absent though, here in Sydney. I am
sure there would be a rise in number if it arrived. (but then there would be
more plants for them to eat too. - it all works out in the end.

Hannah Brumerskyj
Sydney, Australia

On Yahoo!7
Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.