permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Map making using GPS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Albiston <lab@physics.umn.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Map making using GPS
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:33:02 -0600

Using a Garmin GPS you would transfer the points to your computer using MAPSOURCE software. Basically you merge your waypoints with computer based topo maps after waypoints are plotted by the GPS. I would imagine that other manufacturers use similar maps and methods.

I've made GPS based trails and feature maps of my farm this way.
sean albiston

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is software that can take GPS waypoints and create a
map based on them. I took a PDC at La'akea Gardens in Hawaii and I thought I
was told that the huge base map they have hanging in library was created
using GPS.