permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sustainable Communities Action Forum London - Saturday 4th March - 6pm

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sustainable Communities Action Forum London - Saturday 4th March - 6pm
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:29:38 +0000

Dunno nothing about it mate, I'm just passing on a message I found on Indymedia that might be of interest to London folks. Might try and get along myself but I'm running an 'expensive permaculture course' myself the same day nearby...

J Kolenovsky wrote:

What will be different is when aircraft are longer used to travel. =

Jetting to other places will stop being a way of life. Darn, that =

timeshare condo is another country. Sure is nice. Oh, well...Scary to =

think of no air travel but will be a reality. They say during the 3 days =

when planes were grounded after 09/11 that the air got cleaner. I never =

heard that until I read a "peaknik" "permie" report. If the U.S. would =

just take 2-300 billion out of military budget =

http://www.energybulletin.net/13200.html and pump up our rail network, =

we'd be prepared for some coherence as a nation starting over in the =

Post-Carbon Age.

J. Kolenovsky

Graham wrote:

Sustainable Communities Action Forum London - Saturday 4th March - 6pm
Peak Oil. System dependency. Corporate war for resources. From corporate =

denial to greenwash and capitalist co-option. =85..
2nd meeting of a new forum in London promoting eco skillsharing and =

positive action.

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.oilcrashmovie.com/
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.peakoil.org and http://www.endofsuburbia.com -
start becoming attuned to the "new lifestyle" ahead of you
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal