permaculture - Re: [permaculture] olive guild

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Travis <blissett@optonline.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] olive guild
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:31:11 -0500

Richard Archer wrote:

Olives are such tough trees that you could plant almost
anything with them and they will survive and thrive.
So I would be inclined to just plant whatever else
I needed in that position in the landscape.

...Richard.

Good to know...

Some fruit and nut yields can be very responsive to nitrogen fixation, do you think this is true of olives? Have olives been productively guilded with tree or shrub legumes?

I know they grow a lot of lives in some parts of Australia, it wouldn't surprise me if it's been done.

- David