permaculture - Re: [permaculture] trees and CO2

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] trees and CO2
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:34:13 -0400

Yeah and the speaker I said also said something to the effect that trees are only responsible for a tiny percentage of oxygen production which contradicts everything I thought I understood too. "the myth f the ecologists is that the rainforest is the planet's lungs". What's going on here ? Surely a case of reductionist analysis but what confusion it sows !

William