permaculture - [permaculture] Sustainable , Agriculture Development Program, Nepal

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: "pfaf@yahoogroups.com" <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>, PC USA <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Sustainable , Agriculture Development Program, Nepal
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:22:18 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PDC
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 17:04:43 -1200
From: helpcenter <helpcenter@fewanet.com.np>
To: <pfaf@comp.leeds.ac.uk>

Dear Sir,

It is my pleasure to introduce myself; I am Ramesh Nath Sharma from
Nepal, working with non profit making organization named Sustainable
Agriculture Development Program, Nepal as an executive director from its
inception. However I have been working in the field of organic
agriculture since 12 years. Nepal is an agro based country. Near about
81 % people are solely depend with agriculture. In this context, with
out developing of this field the country cannot be developed as a whole
which my own view. Viewing to this I am struggling in the field of
organic agriculture. Organic agriculture is only way to save this earth
what I thought. For this purpose we have established a demonstration
organic farm which is under construction. Our main goal of this is to
make propagation of the related activities to organic agriculture such
as permaculture, biodynamic, biointesive etc in sustainable way. To
aware the farmers about the advantage of organic agriculture related
component is our another objective. We want to develop it as training
center in future. All these activities are not introduced properly in
Nepal although there are enormous possibilities to develop such
activities. We are thinking of to conduct PDC in our farm. Due to lack
of fund we are being disappointed. As an executive director of this
organization would like to request for your kind suggestion and
consideration in this regards. Concept paper of PDC is attached herewith.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Ramesh Nath Sharma

Executive Director,

SADP-Nepal,

Pokhara, Nepal

  • [permaculture] Sustainable , Agriculture Development Program, Nepal, Richard Morris, 10/18/2005