permaculture - [permaculture] Weeds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Leon Hudson <sfg2006@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Weeds
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

I have met a man who gardens organically using
rainwater harvesting. He told me he waters twice a
year for an hour each time. The reason - he mulches
for weed control.

The only reason he has to weed is that birds come and
drop weed seed in his yards.

I have some areas in my front and back yard where I
used tall weeds cut down for mulch. It has been over
6 months and no weeds are growing. Did lift it and
check underneath. The soil is moist and getting
darker.

Weed seed will always be in the soil from what I
understand.

Doesn't red root pigweed controlled help tomatoes to
grow and Purslane(Pusley) help corn to grow??

Leon

Leon Hudson Zone 6 New Mexico

http://mail.yahoo.com

  • [permaculture] Weeds, Leon Hudson, 10/02/2005