permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gailt network ???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gailt network ???
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:51:02 -0400

Marimike6@cs.com wrote:

"so far I have not been able to find out what grok means - please enighten me"

dirtfarmer--

Grok, in your ancient Scottish dialect, would mean "ken". Hep cats might say "dig". It comes from the Heinlein novel of forty years past, Stranger in a Strange Land.

Hah so, enightenment has arived. I had thought it was computer slang for something like parse with spent tealeaves in cup.

I suppose "Intelligent" Design (tm god,llc) could be employed to find its derivation. A few things come to mind:

grasp - devine, surmise, acertain, get around it
crock - a container, unit of measurement; figuratively, a quantity of
something distasteful of unfortunate proportions
gronk - the sound hurled by a dinasaur who has just tripped on an extra
low-hanging testicle
grog - what he uses for the next several hours for recovery