permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gailt network ???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gailt network ???
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:18:00 -0400

lynnann wrote:

Hi all..I've googled and gooled and have only found that this might be some
kind of Unix security network....L.F.L Jr....give me a clue what you meant???
love and peace....lynnann

ps...I definitely grok the rest...

Hmmm, the confusion persists.

gailt, ancient Scottish dialect meaning great, huge or giant as in gailt fen or extensive swampland or gailt moor rife with gorse and bracken,
a broad and expansive wasteland with undulating terrain usually across hilltops or in lowlands or valleys

could have been a typo too

best used to describe a giant comprehensive local marketing network
as one might establist within a permaculture community or linked communities or within bioregions

so far I have not been able to find out what grok means - please enighten me

Cheers,

dirtfarmer (have been growing dirt all Summer - beautiful rich loamy topsoil - 4 acres worth, 20" deep)