permaculture - [permaculture] Black Sheep Inn - read and vote please

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Naomi Coleman" <scpi@tpg.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Black Sheep Inn - read and vote please
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:52:01 +1000

Hi list members,

Rick and I taught a PDC at the Black Sheep Inn in 1998 at the request of
Michelle and Andy. They paid for all the food, accommodation, translators
and tuition for 25 members of their rural local community. They wanted to
give back to the people who had accepted them into their village, and to
emply trained permaculture people from the village to work on the site with
permaculture ethics and practices.

Please support their request to vote for them for this award. They are
genuine hardworking, altruistic and energetic people who have done a lot to
promote permaculture in Ecuador and also to the many visiting backpackers
from all over the world who stay with them.

Hello Friends and Colleagues!!

Black Sheep Inn is honored to be one of three finalists in the conservation
category of the Smithsonian Magazine / Tourism Cares for Tomorrow Award. We
wanted to see if you can help us to get the VOTE out. The winner will be
chosen by ONLINE voting and awarded $20,000 dollars! If Black Sheep Inn is
chosen, we will use the prize money to convert BSI to Solar/Wind power! We
could get off the grid! For design details see:
www.blacksheepinn.com/HybridSolarWindDesign.htm

Now, the weird thing is that not only can you vote once, but also each email
address can vote daily, and from each computer you can vote with several
email addresses! We are up against two expensive (okay, and we admit,
quality) eco-lodges in Africa.

We need people who support us and make it a daily practice to go to
http://www.sustainabletourismawards.com/vote.htm and vote for us then maybe
we'll have a chance. Voting goes until October 31st. Our Internet
connection is quite bad, which means we have a hard time getting online to
even vote for ourselves daily.

Please let us know if you can help us out to WIN the Smithsonian Magazine /
Tourism Cares for Tomorrow Award. Can you at least vote for us? Can you
mail to others on your lists? Or provide a link to the voting site? Can
students you have vote for us too?

MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Michelle Kirby & Andres Hammerman

Please Vote Black Sheep Inn for Sustainable Tourism Awards:
www.sustainabletourismawards.com/vote.htm
We need your votes in order to WIN and Convert BSI to Solar/Wind Power
For Details: www.blacksheepinn.com/HybridSolarWindDesign.htm
You can vote DAILY until October 31st.
We are also supporting the Louisa May Alcott Orchard House in the
Preservation Category. You can click on both of us and vote.
www.blacksheepinn.com
info@blacksheepinn.com
tel. 593-3-281-4587

  • [permaculture] Black Sheep Inn - read and vote please, Naomi Coleman, 09/03/2005