permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Anyone or groups in Northern Wisconsin?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bill McDorman <bm@seedsave.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Anyone or groups in Northern Wisconsin?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:11:38 -0700

Lynnann:

I have been searching around our little blue-green planet for more than 20
years trying to find seeds for non-hybrid varieties that survive the highest
elevations and most northern climates. Our testing ground in Idaho at 6,000
ft. one summer had 9 frosts and 2 hail storms between Memorial Day and Labor
Day.

Let me know if I can be of service.

bill

__o
_'\<,_
___________(_)/ (_)_______________
Bill W. McDorman
Seeds Trust, High Altitude Gardens
Winter Headquarters
PO Box 596
Cornville, AZ 86325
928.649.3315
bm@seedsave.org
http://www.seedstrust.com

on 8/29/05 12:56 PM, lynnann at lynnann@newnorth.net wrote:

> Hi....I had already contacted a couple of you individually before I found
> this
> list/group. So far no replies...so...I'll ask you all....
>
> My little garden center has become the central point for permaculture
> "research" and info gathering, up here in the far (read: USDA zones 2/3) of
> northern Wisconsin.
>
> I'm accruing a large group of very eco-interested folks, both seasonal and
> permanent residents. Our growing season is almost at an end and harvesting
> is
> about to begin. We would love to hear from those of you who live
> permacultural lives in our same growing zone. Next spring I would be
> interested in providing a couple of very basic design/theory workshops here
> in
> Sugar Camp....at LynnAnn's Path to Nature, Gardening with Conscience.
>
> Feel free to contact me off this list at: lynnann96@yahoo.com.
>
> thanks for a wonderful forum for important info sharing...love and
> peace...lynnann

__o
_'\<,_