permaculture - Re: [permaculture] cats, mice, frogs, earwigs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: treaclemine@intranet.org
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] cats, mice, frogs, earwigs
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:32:24 -0600

Greetings,

Cats catch anything that moves, including frogs, flies and
endangered species. I'm a cat lover, in the UK where cats are
usually allowed to roam, and I keep mine inside or supervised in
the garden.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any helpful suggestions on
how to control the rats and mice other than traps. The population is
presumably increased because of the presence of extra food from the
human food chain, so it's 'our fault' that the ecosystem is out of
whack.

Good luck!

Amanda in the UK