permaculture - [permaculture] Re: High court OKs personal property seizures- Jun 23, 2005

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: George Mogiljansky <mogiljan@yahoo.com>
  • To: Robert Waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: High court OKs personal property seizures- Jun 23, 2005
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 05:29:01 -0700 (PDT)

Robert,

It is as if the status quo must be preserved at all
costs, including the very freedoms by which it was
created in the first place.

Have the elected bodies ever overturned a Supreme
Court decision?

George

--- Robert Waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com> wrote:

> This decision of the US Supreme Court is, well,
> the politest thing I can think of to say about it
> is that it is "UTTERLY DEPRAVED".
>
> "Urban renewal" has been used for years as a way
> to destroy poor and working class neighborhoods
> and transfer the land use to purposes desired by
> non-poor people. Here in OKC, a very nice 1950s
> neighborhood was destroyed to put in a big box
> store. Earlier, the historic heart of the African
> American business and residential community was
> destroyed in what amounted to a "due process riot"
> by covetous white people who wanted the land
> (close to downtown, thus potentially valuable) but
> who did not want to pay market prices for the
> land. So the City condemned the properties, paid
> people cheap prices which were upheld by the
> courts, and ethnically cleansed the area.
>
> People in rural areas may think this only impacts
> cities, but think again. Suppose Seaboard Farms
> wants to put a giant Confined Animal Feeding
> Operation in your area, but the neighbors object.
> This won't be a problem in the future. Just
> condemn their properties, force them to sell for
> cheap price, and voila, "economic benefit" in the
> form of a new Confined Animal Feeding Operation to
> "support the local economy".
>
> This is one of the most anti-permaculture,
> anti-sustainable living decisions ever made by the
> US SUpreme Court, it ranks with their decisions
> legitimizing the "personhood" of corporations.
>
> Robert Waldrop, who is very sad and scared about
> this in Oklahoma City
> www.bettertimesinfo.org

http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html
Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com