permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture Course]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture Course]
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:41:44 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:59:23 -0700
From: P Corcoran <plcsignup@YAHOO.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Please post and circulate.

**

*Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture**
*

*with Rod Rylander at Earthaven Eco-Village near Black Mountain, NC
*

*Oct 9, 2005*

*http://www.earthaven.org/learning_center/about_earthaven.php*

*This course is centered around increasing the health of the soil. The farming systems covered use minimum inputs and investments. Techniques covered include rapid rotation, cover crops, polyculture, and the integration of animals and plants. More detailed information given includes using animals to do work, terracing techniques, talapia production, selecting profitable crops and animals, heritage animals, nutrient building, small animal care, marketing, natural insect control, and weed control.*

*The cost of this class is $55-85, sliding scale. Registration deposit for this class is $35.*

*Register now <http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=A572702&product=Mountain%20Farming%20and%20Aquaculture%20Class%20Registration&price=35.00&units=1&return=www.earthaven.org/learning_center/programs/permaculture.php> - Class details <http://www.earthaven.org/learning_center/programs/class_details/integrated-aquaculture.php>*

Earthaven Learning Center, a 501-c-3 organization educates about sustainable culture in a unique way—we demonstrate it in the context of village life. Our teaching team is grounded in the vision of a regenerative world, because we are living it.

*About Earthaven Ecovillage...
*(For all the details on Earthaven Ecovillage, visit earthaven.org <http://www.earthaven.org/>)
Founded in 1994, Earthaven Ecovillage is located on 320 acres in culturally rich, biologically diverse western North Carolina, about 40 minutes southeast of Asheville. We are dedicated to caring for people and the Earth by learning and demonstrating a holistic, sustainable culture.

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Integrated Mountain Farming and Aquaculture Course], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/23/2005