permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

I have a shop full of canes, fruit trees, strawberry plants, etc. Just
getting the
ground ready for planting.

I'm trying to wean my kids off of the chemicals without breaking the bank.

I have found a source for organic sugars. I'm thinking I could warm up some
water and
sugar and add a little _________ to make something that the kids would like
to put on
pancakes.

I bought a couple of small bottles of real maple syrup at $7 per bottle.
Each bottle
would last one meal. Just looking for an alternative.