permaculture - Re: [permaculture] how to integrate others onto your land

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] how to integrate others onto your land
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:27:18 -0800

Elijah Smith wrote:

He wants autonomy, and I want him to have it too; I won't and can't manage him...

However, I'm a little loathe to just sign his name to the land title. I

DO NOT.

repeat for your benefit: DO NOT add anyone to your title to your land, under
any circumstances.

That's called: GOOD ADVICE

don't know him *that* well, though we seem to be on the same page so far. I can't really see wanting to kick him off the land unless something really egregious occurs and I want him to feel secure there... so how do we come up with a mutually agreeable arrangement? What have YOU done in this situation? Saying "let's try a year and see how it goes" won't fly, because to even move onto the land is going to require a lot of investment on his part. And long term, I intend to cultivate a community on the land, perhaps even to the point of my stepping away from it...

Forget it and work your land yourself. Or just sit, look and appreciate it in
its unaltered state.

LL
--
L.F.London