permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Black Walnut Guild

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lponeill@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Black Walnut Guild
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:10:56 +0000

I recently removed a medium-sized black walnut tree from my very small back
yard, mainly because it blocked the only avenue for available light that I
still had any control over, but only after much thought and research. Here's
a link that was helpful to me and convinced the historic commission to let me
do it! It lists a lot of plants that have been observed growing under black
walnuts. I'm sure there will be some exceptions to this list, though.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1148.html

Laurie O'Neill
jazzcat productions
www.jazzcatproductions.com