permaculture - [permaculture] kudzu in a pot and sweet bush

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wendy <sarutzkifarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] kudzu in a pot and sweet bush
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:40:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I was unable to thoroughly read all of the kudzu postings, but I was curious
how it does in a pot. Does anyone have any experience growing kudzu in a pot
indoors or in a greenhouse? I would like to grow one for basket weaving
purposes, but I don't want to worry about seeds that might escape.

Also, I heard someone mention a "sugar bush" the other day. They said that it
produces far more sap for making syrup than the maple tree. Does anyone have
any more information about this plant and where it might grow?

Thanks,
Wendy