permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Eco X-mas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Deborah" <dtv13@verizon.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Eco X-mas
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:02:49 -0600

Tis the season and all, but ultimately, I'd prefer simply

X (no) mas (more) lights, presents, tons of paper and packaging.

I'd prefer a new tradition- a time to give of oneself. A time to gather and
share, play games, laugh, cry, remember. And time to celebrate being free of
shopping, wrapping, opening, returning/exchanging, throwing away.

Don't confuse me with Scrooge. I just really resent all the time and energy
(consumption) associated with this 'holiday'.