permaculture - [permaculture] Mystery fruit

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • To: "Permaculture Listserv" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mystery fruit
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:30:47 -0500

I'm trying to id a tree fruit I saw ripening in central Maryland, USA in
October. Trees are about about 20-25 feet high. Fruits are an
orangey-yellow-red. They hang in clusters like cherries, but are about the
size of blueberries. They have rounded smooth bottoms with a circular dark
area on the bottom. I have asked people what they are and no one knows
though people have said they are not any sort of apple, crab apple, cherry
or gooseberry. In the spring they have white flowers and people say they
look sort of like an apple tree in bloom.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net