permaculture - [permaculture] Rabbit bush & winter greens coldframe

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CHINAGRVE@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Rabbit bush & winter greens coldframe
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:51:44 EDT

My neighbor claims I should pull up all my rabbit bush - she says it's a
water hog. I live outside of Mountainair, NM on 40 acres and I think it's
an
attractive plant and have read nothing negative about it on net. It appears
me it might be a positive plant because whereever it grows other plants soon
form around it. Anyone have any info on this plant?

I also want to make a cold frame for growing lettuce and greens during
winter. Anyone have any suggestions on this. I was thinking of lining a
pit
with rocks and using an old door or a few windows. Would like to hear of
anyones successes.

Marilyn