permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Solar Electric Confusion

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa MacIver <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: hwaldock@yahoo.ca, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Solar Electric Confusion
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 09:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm considering adding some solar. However, I'm not sure about
batteries - delicate to maintain, full of toxic chemicals - nor
does the idea of intertie appeal. I'm told that it's unlikely to
work to attach solar directly to (even DC) appliances, since the
requirements of the appliance generally don't match the flow of
power at the time. Is there a good, sustainable way to manage
the power once you have it?

Lisa in Ashland Oregon