permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Rabbits in a PC system

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Rabbits in a PC system
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:18:24 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michelle" <homekeeper@clas.net>
To: "antonio scotti" <antonio.scotti@tiscali.es>; "permaculture"
<permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 10:15 PM

> We garden intensively, so have paths between our beds. We made cages that
> were long, and narrow, and put the rabbits (or chickens) in them, let them
> eat the grass and weeds, fertilize the area, then move on to another.

Don't the rabbits dig their way out though? This was my observation of our
next door neighbour's childrens pet rabbit who got out of it's pen and into
our garden :-(

I have an interest in this particular question as I've been sort of half
asked to design the 'pets corner' area of my childrens school and would be
interested to see some 'rabbit options' myself, particularly for small urban
areas.

graham

---