permaculture - [permaculture] Agroecology Design Course Update

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Christos Vasilikiotis <adriane@otenet.gr>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Agroecology Design Course Update
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:25:52 +0200

Title: Agroecology Design Course Update
We would like to inform you that the starting date for the Agroecology Design Course, the second in our Agroecology Online Course Series, has been extended to February 9th, 2004. The new deadline for registration is now February 6th, 2004. Please circulate this updated information to anyone who you feel might benefit from this course.

Sincerely,
Christos Vasilikiotis, Ph.D.
Miguel Altieri, Ph.D.
University of California, Berkeley

AGROECOLOGY ONLINE COURSE SERIES
Agroecology Design Course
February 9 - March 26, 2004

The Agroecology Design Course, the second in our Agroecology Online Course Series, is being offered this spring.

This web-based seven-week course on the the design of biodiverse and sustainable agroecosystems is appropriate to agricultural professionals (farmers, researchers, extension agents and advanced students). The course will cover the practical aspects of sustainable agriculture such as the role of biodiversity in agriculture, ecological pest management, organic soil management and the design of sustainable agricultural systems through crop diversification schemes.

COURSE WEB SITE:
<http://www.agroeco.org/agroecology>

FACULTY:
Miguel A Altieri, Ph.D
Professor of Agroecology,
University of California, Berkeley, USA

Christos Vasilikiotis, Ph.D
Researcher, Lecturer & Practitioner in Ecological Agriculture,
Thessaloniki, Greece

Clara I. Nicholls, Ph.D
Research Fellow,
University of California, Berkeley, USA

COURSE FEES:
¤ 350.00
(Farmers and students ¤ 250.00).
Fees shown are in euros (¤ ). See registration form for paying in other currencies and other payment details.

COURSE DATES:           February 9 - March 26, 2004

REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  February 6, 2004
To register, please fill out the course registration form which is available from the course web site  (<http://www.agroeco.org/agroecology>).
For further info send e-mail to agroecology@porfyra.com
--
  Christos Vasilikiotis         agroecology@porfyra.com

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Mahatma Gandhi

*** The earth laughs in flowers ***

  • [permaculture] Agroecology Design Course Update, Christos Vasilikiotis, 01/28/2004