permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Money from Gates

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Money from Gates
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:42:29 -0700

Hi all,

For many years I have been a rebel and purist. Having to do it MY way making sure that I did not conform to the mainstream. Also for many years (about 10) I have been trying to teach Pc here in the Desert southwest - to no avail. About three years ago I started talking about organic gardening and people started listening - So now I teach how to grow a garden and plant a tree (with a deep underlying theme of Pc). Before I was getting no one to our classes. Now we regularly have 10 to 15 per class. Same message - different method.

If Bill Gates were to give me a grant I would gladly take the $ and use it for good. I think in the hands of great Pc'ers like us we could do great good with it. Put away the purity and lets get some work done.

Greg the Food Dude

--

***ATTENTION*** Please note my new email address. FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org

The Urban Farm