permaculture - [permaculture] ((((guild))((design))((application))))

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] ((((guild))((design))((application))))
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:21:55 -0700

hello permiepeoples,

my name is stephanie, and I am interested in developing somewhat of a
guild database with a guild design application. I have discussed my idea
with Kirby Fry of Cross Timbers and Scott Pittman of the Permaculture
Institute, who have both commended the idea and suggested that I describe
it to you alls. So, I am writing to briefly discuss my intentions, and
garner interest and support.

Basically, I intend to build a sophisticated guild design tool, which
will guide users in designing a customized guild for their local region,
while providing abundant information on guild components, phenomenology,
symbiosis, and other such related issues. This information will be
presented in the form of established research and case studies, and
through different media including text, images, and perhaps others. The
knowledge base will ultimately be developed by *us*, the Permaculture
community. I would like to both visit practicing Permaculturists with
developed and/or developing guilds, and gather information from our on-
line networks. I already have very specific ideas for the informational
architecture of this tool, but have not elaborated here for purposes of
brevity.

I am currently in the process of seeking funding for this project, and
welcome any suggestions! If you are interested in participating in this
project-- whether as a 'subject matter expert' (knowledgeable about guild
design), or simply to offer advice, criticisms, words of wisdom-- please
respond. ***I particularly solicit guild designers from throughout North
America to participate in this project*** I am glad to provide a more
detailed description of the plan upon request. And, of course, this
project is willing to co-evolve with your input! I hope to hear back.

thank you

peace
*Stephanie

Stephanie Gerson
sgerson@stanfordalumni.org
415.871.5683

  • [permaculture] ((((guild))((design))((application)))), Stephanie Gerson, 09/20/2003