permaculture - Re: [permaculture] energy futures

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] energy futures
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:53:59 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> did you like the way it worked?

I assume it was co-gen because it was hot water radiator...might have just
been a boiler in the basement. It was a very large student housing complex,
so it would be a good situation for co-gen if there were an "excess" heat
producer nearby.

The temp of the radiator would vary as the heating needs varied (fall through
spring). I had a valve to adjust mine, but leaving it all the way open (I
assume) was just fine 99% of the time. The max temp seemed to be centrally
controlled - I couldn't get it "too hot" in the room, though I could make it
colder by turning mine down.

BTW, turning off the list for a bit as I'll be vacationing, and facilitating
at Claude's course...y'all have fun...I sure will... ;-)

cheers,
John S.

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing