permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where can I find information about crop density, yield, pr...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where can I find information about crop density, yield, pr...
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:54:44 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha Eli,

I'm wondering a couple things about your intentions...

Would ag-biz crop info like this be all that useful in a PC design scenario?

I'm thinking of examples like annual veggies - the typical "row crop" info
for amount of seed, amount of product, spacing and feeding and watering of
plants and so on doesn't seem very useful if I'm going to use Biointensive
methods, or PC food-forest/polyculture methods, etc.

Also, are you intending to be an export cash crop producer, or an
inhabitant of a permaculture design with some eventual surplus to
share/trade/sell, or something else...??

cheers,
John S.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -