permaculture - [permaculture] Where can I find information about crop density, yield, price?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "elijah smith" <elijahs@earthlink.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group" <SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [permaculture] Where can I find information about crop density, yield, price?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:55:16 -1000

Hey, everyone, I'm hoping some of you can help me.  I'm planning a sustainable homestead situation, with an emphasis on agroforestry and polyculture food forests.  I've been trying to figure out, for a variety of crops (coffee, tea, vanilla) what is a "standard" planting density, yield per acre and price per ton.   I can't find any information on this but I'm sure it must exists - how do farmers decide what to plant?

Thanks,
  Elijah

  • [permaculture] Where can I find information about crop density, yield, price?, elijah smith, 06/24/2003