permaculture - Re: [permaculture] aluminum and barium detox

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Howard <rmhoward@omninet.net.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] aluminum and barium detox
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:00:30 +0800

"D.A. Riley" wrote:
Whatya reckon Bob, you head to the USA and do some educating? I mean, if it's that easy to make some commentary on the folks across the pond...sum them up and have the solution all in one paragraph.  Let's see the action mister man.
Nonsense, is comparing a population of 15 times that of your own country, to your values of right n' wrong....

I don't know, perhaps your comment got under my reasonably educated skin? Blanket comments seem rather unsavory when the idea is to improve communication via a listserve slanted towards solution-based earth/people care.

Keep it easy and educational eh mate?

Sorry to upset you mate but I looked at the refence to Barium and Aluminium in soils and that led to me a wonderful world of contrails, aliens, and conspircy theories. IMHO it behooves PC people to discriminate between reasoned science and superstitious nonsense.

If people post superstitious nonsense from whatever side of the pacific ocean here - they'll likely get flamed by me.

As to the education system in your country -

(1) locally based administrations that lead to creation science being taught in schools. Never happen here except in privately run religious schools.
(2) there is a long standing widely acknowledged gap between the standard of high school education in Amerika and other english speaking countries (specifically Aust, NZ and UK - can't comment on Canada, India etc. etc.) Certainly an Australian undergraduate degree in science has traditionally been regarded as the equivalent of a post grad degree from U.S. universities.
(3) by your fruits shall you know them - look at your TV and news coverage and the level of political debate in your country. Sorry I forget, you've nothing to compare it too because you don't see the rest of the world very clearly
(4) I'm sure there are many intelligent citizens in your country but every one of them that I've got to know personally has had marked gaps in their knowledge about ideas and the rest of the world.

Bob Howard

DA

At 22:11 24/05/03 -0400, Keith wrote
>Most of the US, Canada, and much of the world are being bombarded with
>high levels of very fine aluminum and barium dust (see article) being
>aerosolized from unmarked cargo planes. What would be the best way to
>clean up soils loaded with these elements? What would be the long term
>health effects on humans, forests, soils, etc.?
>Keith

I think that the best way to deal with this is to improve the level of
education in Amerikan schools - it appears to me that if Amerikan kids
don't believe in creationism then they believe in aliens, contrails, magic
potions and all kinds of superstitious nonsense that anyone with a modicum
of scepticism and a reasonable education would see to be just that.

Aluminium is a component of clay, barium is found in cement dust and
limestone.

Bob Howard

Do you Yahoo!?