permaculture - Re: [permaculture] question re pattern recognition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] question re pattern recognition
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:37:36 -0500

George,
'Phenology' is the word you're looking for.

georg parlow wrote:

greetings, together:

both terms i need are about the same subject. here we go:
what is this crossreferencing pattern recognition called, like "when the
white lily sets flowers, we gayfully go down to the lake to harvest the eggs
of the swan" - this, i believe, is from the oz abos, but propably other
stoneage people worked nature a similar way. the first term i would need, is
the modern name for this kind of science looking forward,
georg
(biting my nails...)