permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ferrocement Building Project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ferrocement Building Project
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:15:28 -0600

Hi John,

Re-mesh comes in a five foot wide roll made up of 6" panels. There's a #10
and #6 gauge, #6 being heavier. It's typically used in slabs a couple of
inches under the surface, and also used to form up underpinnings or skirts
around the bottoms of houses..

It sounds like your rebar driven into the ground won't be a problem. I've
just been on jobs where guys drive rebar into the dirt for their pier's
metal work and my mason friends tell me that's a no no.

Kirby