permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PC Teacher Training Report

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PC Teacher Training Report
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 02 09:53:30 -0000

>> One thing I that came to light and is worthy of mention is the group
>> energy field (GEF). ...
>
>So what did (and what does) anyone have to say about this (and other
>explanations of group interactions) with respect to online/distance
>learning PC courses?

Good point - I often have people coming to do the intensive PDC after
abandoning a correspondence/distance pc course. Most do it because they
find it difficult to pull the threads together, also not everyone learns
effectively from reading and trying to practice from the written word.
Another interesting thing is the feedback at the end of PDC's and how
often the group dynamic, interactions and learning from each others
experience is rated as one of the most valuable elements of the course.
Participants really appreciate the diversity of ages and backgrounds of
each other and having an opportunity to get to know people from different
lifestyles and walks of life they'd normally not encounter or interact
with. The other big benefit of human interaction is that the individuals
doing the course no longer feel so alone and isolated in their thinking
and aspirations for a better world and sane lifestyle.

As a teacher I look forward to each course and wonder what kind of
'animal' this group will be - each group is highly individual. Group
dynamics is a precious and valuable part of the whole PDC process.
Robyn