permaculture - Re: [permaculture] list of permaculture farms in the US

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Irwin <jwirwin@permaculture.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] list of permaculture farms in the US
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:00:03 -0400

Hi Marielle,

Kirby is right, I do have such a list (and an outdated
hardcopy Directory). I had saved your request & will be
able to send you a pretty good list in a few days.

Your Pc pal,

John

John Irwin
American Permaculture Directory
jwirwin@permaculture.net
http://www.permaculture.net

Hi Marielle,

Have you heard of John Irwin? He's was compiling a list of =
permcaulture design course graduates and may have gotten some =
information on permaculture farms.

Also Dan Hemenway in Florida was once compiling a list of permaculture =
sites.

Here in McDade, Texas we have a permaculture farm which we just =
installed last winter. We put 60,000 square feet into ponds, berms and =
swales and planted over 1,100 fruit trees, 1,000 asparigus, 500 black =
berries and two hundred blue berry bushes. We now have 16 ponds and 4.5 =
acres of surface water catchment, 23,000 gallons of rain water =
collection and two gravel wicks for purifying our black water.

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out =
the archives of Democracy Now! =
http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/archive.html