permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture in Sri Lanka

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Brooks, Richard" <rbrooks@dcs.wisc.edu>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: <dreams@yourfeet.fslife.co.uk>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture in Sri Lanka
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 11:56:39 -0500

Title: Permaculture in Sri Lanka

Dear Jill,
I'm not quite sure how I got your name (perhaps from the Environmental Studies Student Association here at the UW-Madison), but thought you might want to know about the efforts of the Sarvodaya Movement of Sri Lanka to establish demonstration farms using integrated agriculture techniques.  I'd be happy to fill you in to the best of my ability, and put you in touch with folks in Anuradhapura and Thanamalwila associated with the Global EcoVillage Network.

Bandula Senadeera, who has visited here in Madison, has been working on a 15 acre plot at Saliyapura (near Anuradhapura) for several years now and may be receptive to hosting working interns. He's at: senadeera3@hotmail.com    Bandula can usually respond fairly quickly.

Nandana Jayasinghe is the coordinator of GENSA, the South Asian office of the Global EcoVillage Network.  He splits his time between Thanamalwila and Moratuwa, the Sarvodaya headquarters.  He's at  gensa@sri.lanka.net   but is often hard to reach because of all the travel.

Feel free to contact me if you know of others who want to know about Sarvodaya and permaculture.

"We build the road and the road builds us."
Richard S. Brooks
Sarvodaya USA
2616 Mason Street
Madison, WI 53705
608-265-4077

  • [permaculture] Permaculture in Sri Lanka, Brooks, Richard, 05/25/2002