permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Songbirds.....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Songbirds.....
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:02:24 -0400

Thanks Steve,

This option is quite popular around here, but I'm afraid it plays into the
"best and ONLY the best " mentality that seeks to "solve" the problem
without recognizing that the apparent "problem" is in fact only a
symptom....
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for bats, but not instead of a healthy
population of songbirds. And best as I can tell ( hence the need for
corroborating evidence) this Spring is as Silent as they've all been for the
last fifty years, and if it hadn't been for Miss Carson's book, I doubt I'd
ever have noticed that this is NOT NORMAL !

Regards,

Claude