permaculture - [permaculture] Songbirds.....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Songbirds.....
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:20:38 -0400

Hi All,

As some of you remember, I'm gathering info to combat the forces of darkness
that wish to spray my entire county for mosquitoes, ostensibly to "control "
West Nile Virus even though there's not been a single reported case of of it
up here !

Anyway, in re-reading "SILENT SPRING", the late great RAchel Carson makes
the observation that there's no better pesticide than songbirds, the very
creatures that have been decimatd by chemical pesticides ( they eat the
worms that ingest the pesticides)

I'm looking for some stats/info on the decline of songbirds...Any leads ?

Thanks

Claude