permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture epithets/wisdom

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture epithets/wisdom
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:08:27 -0600

How about
"grass fed is best"
with the companion phrase
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat soybeans"

Much like Toby I'm healthier and happier with my diet since I started eating meat again. also after growing tofu beans and grass finished beef I pretty sure the beef is a far less damaging way to make protein, and has excellent lipid balance compare to feedlot meat. Furthermore it's a lot easier to get people eating a different kind of meat rather than an unframiliar vegan diet. Pasture also builds soil OM when properly managed, though wheat can as well (with lots more tillage or biocide). Can this list receive attachments? I wrote a document on grazing in PC that may be of interest to folks.
Marl L