permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture epithets/wisdom

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Heide Hermary <heidehermary@pacificcoast.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture epithets/wisdom
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:42:09 -0800

My favourite saying is "feed the wildlife" - in the horticultural context of
adding organic matter to the soil instead of chemical fertilizers, and
letting the microbes do the conversion as part of their metabolism by
"eating" the organic matter. As an organic landscaper I find that this
"picture" is something customers can relate to, AND have a better
understanding of how their gardens work.
Heide