permaculture - [permaculture] A Permaculture Primer by Dan Earle, revisited

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Steve Diver" <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] A Permaculture Primer by Dan Earle, revisited
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:50:39 -0600

In 1997 Dan Earle posted a note about "A Permaculture Primer"
that he and some colleagues developed after attending a Permaculture
Design Course. It was an excellent resource which I put into my
traveling workshop notebook.
http://csf.colorado.edu/bioregional/apr97/0026.html

Also noted in 1997 at:
http://www.ibiblio.org/InterGarden/permaculture/mailarchives/permacult
ure-info/msg00059.html

That was when he was teaching Landscape Architecture at Louisiana
State University. However, the web link has been dead for some
time.... though I wouldn't throw it away in hopes of finding it once
again.
http://hueylong.cadgis.lsu.edu/lhin/visitor/html/primer/

But Google is a powerful web research tool, and I found thru
an online LSU newsletter that Dan retired and moved to Nova
Scotia where he has web page talking about his current land +
building projects, AND it contains the wonderful Permaculture Primer.

A Permaculture Primer
By Dan Earle and Sue Hutchins
http://home.klis.com/~chebogue/PermacultureIndex.html

It was interesting to learn he taught Landscape Architecture, which
provides some insight to the creative way the material is organized.

Someone may have posted this updated web link, which I missed,
so this notice may be a duplicate. I'm just excited to find this
once again, so here it is in case you have "not" seen it.

Steve Diver