permaculture - Re: The Skeptical Environmentalist

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Steve Bonney" <sustainableearth.steve@verizon.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Skeptical Environmentalist
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:24:41 -0500

Claude said <couldn't it be said that the "solution" to these increases
in disease is mo' money to pay for treatment ?

Absolutely, especially when the people who created the problem
are in charge of finding the solution. Albert Einstein said "perfection
of means and confusion of ends seem to characterize our age."
Which leads to permaculture design and the meaning of permaculture.
I consider it a long range planning concept for effecting outcomes that are
ecologically based. None of our industrial production or service
systems fit this pattern. They inevitably will fail, and we will all pay
enormous amounts in cash and quality of life until they do. And economists
have led the charge to the cliffs, because they ignore costs of degraded
quality of life and environment. Economics is a behavioral science and not
a physical science. There are no laws of money. Economists only have
opinions. And of course everyone else does too.
Regards,
Steve

Steve Bonney
Sustainable Earth
a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to the
development of sustainable family farming systems
and local food systems
100 Georgton Ct.
W. Lafayette, IN 47906
(765) 463-9366