permaculture - Re: Afgan TV schedule!!!!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Carla D McAuley <carlamcauley@juno.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Afgan TV schedule!!!!
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:36:38 -0700

Sorry, I didn't think it was funny at all. Seems altogether ethnocentric
and racist to me. Are we ever going to get beyone thinking they are
stupid rag heads? They are people just like us who have been taught
different kinds of fanaticism. They truly believe that the blocade of
Iraq has resulted in the starvation deaths of innocent children so their
code of ethics (an eye for an eye) says they have to retaliate. That
means the deaths of innocents in America. So we retaliate and demonize
them. The hatred and the demonizing and the tit-for-tat reactions have
GOT to stop. As Gandhi said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world
blind."
Carla McAuley

On 3 Dec 2001 08:45:32 -0800 Michael Dean <mikedean.com@altavista.com>
writes:

> Quite amusing

> 8.30 Talitubbies. Talitubbies say "Ah-ah". Dipsy and Tinky-Winky
> repair
> >a Stinger missile launcher.

> another attack by evil, imperialist, Zionist backed infidels.

> of everyday objects.

> to take over the world.

> does some cooking.

> rocket launchers to Hamas.

> bottle top appeal is revealed.

> Kaskhain asks the questions. 'Starter for ten, no praying.'

> including the Prophet's entry into Mecca, and the destruction of
> pagan idols.

> political and religious leaders.

> for adultery.

> 63,728th week running?

> questions. Will contestants phone a mullah, go 'inshallah', or ask
> the Islamic council?

> undercover to expose an evil scheme to educate women.

> executed this week?

> destroyers of the infidel.

> 'don't feel the Mullah' round.

> mosques. The filmers were also secretly shot.

> anti-Israeli graffiti art in the occupied territories.

> On Fri, 30 November 2001, mIEKAL aND wrote:
>

> > Subject: [CC] Devious computer viruses set to grow
> >
> > Devious viruses set to grow *
> > Malicious viruses that use devious tricks to infect computers are
> set to
> >
> > become more common in the future.
> > Full story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1680000/1680578.